Assistant HR manager
HR will be responsible for overseeing various aspects of human resources management to support the organization’s mission and ensure the well-being of our employees. The ideal candidate will have 8-10 years of HR experience, a deep passion for animal welfare, and a strong commitment to our values.
- Develop, update, and maintain HR policies and procedures in accordance with legal and industry standards.
- Communicate and ensure adherence to these policies among employees.
- Oversee the recruitment process, including job postings, candidate screening, interviews, and selection.
- Develop and execute onboarding programs to ensure a smooth integration of new employees.
- Manage employee relations, including conflict resolution, disciplinary actions, and grievance procedures.
- Promote a positive work culture and address any issues or concerns raised by employees.
- Identify training needs within the organization and coordinate relevant training programs.
- Implement professional development initiatives to enhance employee skills and knowledge.
- Develop and administer performance appraisal systems to assess employee performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Work with managers to set performance goals and provide feedback.
- Manage the company’s compensation and benefits programs, including salary reviews and benefits packages.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements regarding employee compensation.
- Stay updated on labor laws and regulations to ensure the organization’s compliance.
- Manage and maintain accurate personnel records and HR documentation.
- Develop strategies to improve employee retention and engagement.
- Implement recognition and rewards programs to motivate and retain talent.
- Generate HR reports and analytics to inform decision-making and support strategic planning.
- Monitor key HR metrics, such as turnover rates, and recommend improvements.
- Oversee HR administrative functions, including record-keeping, payroll processing, and benefits administration.
- Master’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 8-10 years of progressive HR experience, with at least 2-3 years in a supervisory or management role.
- Strong knowledge of HR laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Passion for animal welfare and a strong alignment with the organization’s mission.